Course Catalog & Forcasting
About the Course Catalog
We are excited about the many courses and activities we have to offer at West Salem High School and look forward to having you on our campus. We are committed to offering a wide variety of classes at all ability levels in order to ensure the success of our students. It is our hope that students and their parents work closely together with their counselor to create a four-year academic plan that meets the needs and interests of each individual student.
If you have questions or would like more information about the registration process and/or specific courses, please call our Counseling Center at 503-399-3780. Students are assigned a counselor based on their last names.
Current West Salem High School Students & 8th Graders at Walker and Straub
- Review your transcript to identify the credits that you need toward graduation.
- Use the online Course Catalog to determine which classes you need or want to take to meet these requirements. Make sure you check the prerequisites and grade level for classes you are interested in taking.
- Complete your grade level forecasting sheet to be ready to meet with your counselor. Some classes have been preloaded based on grade level required classes.
- Meet with your counselor to ensure you are forecasting for the correct classes. Current 11th graders will be meeting with their counselors during their social studies class and 8th, 9th and 10th graders will be meeting during their science class.
- Enter your course requests using StudentVUE. You will need to enter 16 course requests and 3 alternate courses.
Students new to West Salem High School and/or Salem Keizer School District
- When you register at West Salem High School you will be sent a forecasting sheet.
- Review the Course Catalog online to determine which classes you need or want to take.
- Make sure you check the prerequisites and grade level for classes you are selecting.
- Complete your grade level forecasting sheet.
- Return the forecasting sheet to the school.