WSHS is Under Construction
Important information for West Salem students and parents
WELCOME BACK TO SCHOOL!
Things will certainly look different at West this year while our school receives construction improvements.
Over the summer, contractors made great progress on the new parking lot, expanded com- mons area, new classroom wing and other renovations and additions. There’s still a lot of work to be done, and our school will be an active construction site during the school year. Here are some important things to know about school operations during construction:
- Staff, students and visitors must obey all posted signs, and stay out of the construction zone. Do not move fences or go around barriers.
- The construction crew will be actively working on campus during the school day. It may be tempting to ask the workers questions or talk with them but distracting construction workers can create a safety hazard. Please don’t distract workers – allow them to focus on their jobs to keep themselves and others safe.
- There will be construction vehicle traffic around campus during the day. Please use extra caution when walking, biking or driving around West. Stay focused and watch for vehicles.
- The loop behind the school off of Titan Drive will be open for buses and construction vehicles ONLY – cars must drop off in front of the school.
- The parking area behind the school off of Titan Drive will be closed. Students, staff and parents must park in the lots in front of the school.
- The new parking lot near Doaks Ferry Road is expected to be complete and ready for use by the start of school. Students, staff and visitors may park in this lot.
- The cafeteria will be open, but the kitchen will be closed until later in the fall. This will not disrupt meal service – hot and cold meals will be prepared off-site and delivered to West.Please see the map on page two for details on closed areas/construction zones and traffic flow.Student safety is our top priority at West Salem High School. Thank you for being cautious and staying safe during construction. It’s going to be a great year!
2018 BOND PROGRAM
Be safe and have a great year!
West Salem High School Traffic Flow and Construction Zones map 2021-22 School Year